Monday, November 15, 2010

I've been getting quite a bit of work through Metroland, which publishes community newspapers across Toronto and insidetoronto.com. Here are a few photos I shot on assignment, some that ran and some not.

Milltown FC's Brian Alcantara stretches to get the ball away from Portugal FC's Francesco Capone, in white, during a scrappy game that ended in a 2-2 tie, enough to advance Portugal to the semi-final round of the Canadian Soccer League playoffs.

Mason Perry, left, Tom Rogers, and Mark Argentino buy and sell currency at the Scarborough Coin Club's annual sale.

Vintage Vinyl sale at the Gladstone Hotel.

Second World War veteran Jack Newman at Prospect Cemetery during a sunrise ceremony for Remembrance Day. Newman joined the army in 1941, served overseas, and joined the Toronto Fire Service after the war when he returned to Canada with his Scottish bride.

Watching the horses in the ring below at the 88th Royal Agricultural Winter Fair.

Three-legged-man Peter Jarvis meets five-year-old twins Keith and Keshawn Dennis on Yonge St.

Selvaranee Nadaraja dances at Harmony Hall in Scarborough during Diwali celebrations by Tamil-speaking seniors.

1 comment:

About Me

I'm a photojournalist based in Toronto, Canada. I started working in the summer of 2010, shooting for weekly newspapers, magazines, and the web, after a year at Loyalist College in Belleville, Ontario. My background is in anthropology, and graduate studies took me to South America to look at social change and political empowerment. I try to bring together my anthropology and photography studies in my work, since at their best both are about looking closely to find revealing moments, so we can better understand one another's lives.